I set goals in the beginning of September (my NEW goal should be to check them EVERY month!!) I want to check and see how I am fairing???
- Three out of five lunch breaks will go to the parks and recreation department and fit in a lunchtime one mile walk. (in addition to my normal daily workout)
This was a great goal but I learned that if I was walking at lunch, I would cheat on my evening exercise!! I felt like I had an excuse to not do it!! So I have cut back on the lunch time walks and I am using them for days when I know I will not be able to exercise in the evenings!!
- I want to have no meat dinners 3 times a week. I will use other protein sources.
This has been a fairly easy goal to stay with!! I enjoy Morning star products and I have made some soups that have beans in place of the meat.
- Try to not be a slave to the scale, and get on it only once a week. (a tough one for me)
Believe it or not this has been easier than I thought it would be. I moved my scale so I don’t pass it as much and you know what they say… out of sight out of mind!!
- keep track of my blood pressure (i am not looking forward to this) any other time I have lost weight, my blood pressure has gone down and I was able to be off my blood pressure meds. This time it started out good and I was able to go off. But, at my last two appointments at Dr.Zarif’s my bottom number was in the hundreds. He put me an a diuretic in hopes of helping the situation. I am supposed to check my pressure every day to see if this will help. But for some reason I have an emotional block about this process.
YEA!! the medicine has helped with my blood pressure. My numbers are much better!
- This is going to sound strange, but I need to look at myself in the mirror everyday and see and admit to some kind of positive change. I struggle with looking in the mirror and always seeing the old Kelly. Anyone who has lost weight before knows exactly what I’m talking about. Body image is a crazy thing and a friend of mine told me it takes the mind a full year to really recognize changes in your body.
I am working on this, I’m not going to lie I’m still struggling but there is progress.
I think all in all I stayed on target with my goals. The new goal I would add would be to remember to eat protein first, veggies second and if I’m still hungry what ever is left ( a pasta or potato) I usually kind of “circle” around my plate. So this will be something new for me to get use to, but this is do-able!!
Have you been sticking to your goals???